Go Beyond Your Green Belt.
Blaze a path towards $100k in savings with the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program.
Join our next free LIVE Information Session on Friday, August 19, 8:00 - 9:00am PT. View details and register HERE.
For individuals who have successfully completed a Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt training, this intensive program provides a systematic method to improve performance efficiencies and reduce variations in all business operations. Master advanced methodologies through application-based learning and lead your organization towards higher productivity and profitability gains. As a Black Belt you will learn to identify all types of waste, determine constraints and defects, create rapid improvements through Kaizen events, and monitor performance through balanced measurements. Throughout the program you will apply LSS directly to a real-world project resulting in a minimum of $100,000 in projected annual savings.
Required Pre-Requisite: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (see below for details)
Course Goals & Learning Objectives
- Learn the combined LSS tools at a Black Belt level
- Acquire the ability to select projects, develop teams and deliver results
- Develop skills utilizing LSS tools and implement for quantifiable results
- Apply the concepts to a project impacting the bottom line
- Prepare the practitioner to deploy LSS to other individuals in their organizations
- Develop the ability to train other LSS White, Yellow, and Green Belts
Only students who have successfully completed a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt will be admitted into this program. If you did not complete your Green Belt at UC San Diego Divsion of Extended Studies, please email the Program Manager, Angela Miller, to determine your elegibilty at ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu.
Applicants must have a project(s) in mind when starting the class. The project must be focused on improving a current process that is brought in from the student's company or organization. The instructors will provide guidance to ensure a successful project completion. For questions please contact ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu. Course materials are provided to students, including tools which aids in statistical analysis.
Live Online (Virtual sessions hosted via Zoom):
- Step into the virtual classroom and receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt. Learn how to apply the Lean Six Sigma tools to a real-life project. Project must result in a projected ROI of $100k.
- Network and collaborate with fellow students in the classroom and during provided lunches.
- Classes meet one day a week from 8am -12pm PDT (seven sessions over five months). Click on the “Live Online Class” section below to view, dates, and times.
- Instructor-led training on your schedule. Access lectures and materials 24/7.
- (2) Live one-on-one project coaching sessions with Master Black Belt Instructor. Asks questions and engage with Instructors via email.
- Live (optional) office hours to ask questions and engage with fellow students.
- Weekly discussion board topics that provide an additional opportunity to engage with the content and your peers.
- Complete a real project under the mentorship of a Master Black Belt.
No-Interest Payment Plan
To break the tuition into monthly portions, please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form.
Contact Angela Miller, Program Manager
📅 Schedule a phone appointment or email:
Click here to Schedule an phone appointment with the Program Manager.
Course Number: BUSA-40995
Credit: 6.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management
+ Expand All
9/19/2022 - 2/9/2023
10/28/2022 - 2/10/2023
2/17/2023 - 6/2/2023