SunSpec Modbus™ is a set of data models and a communication protocol
that is used in electric energy generation and storage applications for in-plant, component-level, monitoring and control. This course will cover the fundamentals of the Modbus protocol, including system architecture, register maps, discovery techniques, and supported information model types.
This course is intended for software developers, implementers of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) networking solutions, and others involved in DER manufacturing, operations.
- Modbus/RTU and Modbus/TCP variants
- SunSpec Modbus including protocol fundamentals, system architecture, and register maps, discovery techniques, and supported information model types
- SunSpec Modbus interface for IEEE 1547 functions
- How the SunSpec Modbus interface for IEEE 1547 functions and interacts with SunSpec Modbus energy storage models in energy storage systems
- A comparison of SunSpec Modbus 700 series models to 100 series models
- SunSpec Modbus modeling techniques
- How to implement SunSpec Modbus in a DER device
- Working with nationally recognized testing laboratories for functional safety and communication testing
- System design, commissioning and troubleshooting considerations
- Long-term operational- and supply chain considerations of SunSpec Modbus solutions
- Vendor specific SunSpec models
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Execute fundamentals of the Modbus protocol, including Modbus/RTU and Modbus/TCP variants
- Utilize the theory of operation of SunSpec Modbus including protocol fundamentals, system architecture, and register maps, discovery techniques, and supported information model types
- Implement an IEEE 1547 – 2018 compliant SunSpec Modbus device interface
- Apply SunSpec vendor specific models
- Understand compliance and certification testing requirement
This course is approved for NABCEP Credentials.
You can obtain more information from the
NABCEP course page for this course.
Course Typically Offered: Online every quarter.
Prerequisite: BS in Computer Science, Software Development, Engineering or equivalent background knowledge and experience.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: ECE-40307
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Communications Software Development for Distributed Energy Resources
+ Expand All
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023