Audiences are spending more of their time online and in response, marketers are spending more of their resources there. With a seemingly limitless sea of options as to where to be present online, how do we decide where to start? And once we do, how do we know what’s working? This course will take students through navigating the digital landscape and how to utilize data to guide this journey. Students will develop an understanding of what marketing channels contribute to a cohesive online presence, exploring areas such as organic and paid search, social media, and email marketing. Students will learn to identify key performance indicators to assess the performance of each channel as well as how to leverage these insights to shape future strategy. With a primary focus on Google Analytics data and other online data tools, students will gain an overarching view of how each channel in their marketing mix is performing and how to shape future strategy accordingly.
- Develop an understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and the various channels within it
- Understand how to leverage a mix of marketing channels to develop a cohesive online presence
- Become familiar with a range of data tools and resources
- Use data to develop marketing strategy to create touchpoints from top to bottom funnel
- Set key performance indicators for each individual marketing channel
- Analyze data to measure performance through various marketing channels
- Develop familiarity using Google Analytics to gauge overall health of online presence
- Leverage web analytics data to shape future marketing strategy
- Interpret web analytics data critically and identify key takeaways to make actionable business decisions
Course Number: BUSA-40924
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Digital Marketing
+ Expand All
4/10/2023 - 6/11/2023
This course is entirely web-based and to be completed asynchronously between the published course start and end dates. Synchronous attendance is NOT required.
You will have access to your online course on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
David Salcido is Director of Digital Marketing at Viasat, Inc, based out of the global headquarters in Carlsbad, CA. Working with B2C and B2B divisions of the organization and business units in the U.S. and around the world, David drives the digital strategy and implementation of digital campaigns while striving to enhance digital targeting, tracking, and performance. A Southern California native, David started more than 20 years ago in Film and Video at California Institute of the Arts and completed his MBA with a Marketing concentration at the University of San Diego. David combines his fine art and analytical backgrounds in Digital Marketing, specializing in Analytics, Organic & Paid Search, Video, Display and Social. He is both an artist and a scientist, like Bob Ross meets She...Read More
No refunds after: 4/16/2023.
4/10/2023 - 6/11/2023
You will have access to your course materials on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Business, Professional & Legal Programs department at 858-534-8131 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.