Understand the Underlying Technologies that Support Today’s Communications Systems.
This course will highlight the critical nature of the links between equipment at a communications site as well as the importance of ensuring the integrity and security of backhaul links between sites. It is important that today’s technologists understand the requirements of today’s communications system customers and the underlying technologies that support them.
Student will acquire the knowledge and understanding required to configure, test, and maintain connectivity in communication system technologies. This will include TCP/IP networking fundamentals and communication protocols as well as Backhaul technologies.
- Differentiate cable and connector types
- Understand basic TCP/IP networking
- Be familiar with Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching in communication systems
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different backhaul technologies
- Perform basic testing of links and backhaul systems
- Describe the need for and application of Security Protocols in communication systems
- Describe network and link testing, validation, and troubleshooting best practices
Course Typically Offered: Online during Summer and Winter quarters.
Prerequisites: Previous knowledge in Algebra is recommended.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Wireless Communications Technologist Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Wireless Communications Technologist and course offerings.
Course Number: EE-40198
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Wireless Communications Technologist