Learn How to Maintaining Critical Communications Systems
This course will introduce you to the constructs of the differing communication site technologies utilized in Mission Critical, Commercial, and Enterprise communication systems. A high level of understanding of the governing bodies and standards created to drive consistency in today’s communication systems. It is essential that today's technologist has a solid background in the concepts and regulations that go into maintaining critical communications systems.
You will obtain the knowledge and understanding required to differentiate between the differing communication system technologies and the regulating bodies that strive to ensure safe and harmonious utilization of available spectrum. You will gain an understanding of the difference between P25 systems, DMR systems, and CBRS systems. The basic building blocks of communication systems will be described and where the blocks fit into an operational system will be discussed.
- Mission-critical and public safety radio communications systems, communication site types
- LMR/P25 features, functions, and services
- Cell-site deployment considerations
- P25, DMR, and CBRS systems transmitted signal types
- Conventional, simulcast, and multicast sites/systems
- Site testing, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance best practices
- Differentiate Communication Site types; Land Mobile Radio RF, Dispatch/PSAP, Video, CBRS
- Learn the FCC rules for Radio Sites
- Know the difference between P25, DMR, and CBRS systems transmitted signal types
- Explain the difference between Conventional, Simulcast, and Multicast sites/systems
- Identify hardware types and describe the site types in which they would be installed
- Build a block level system and defend their design choices
- Describe site testing, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance best practices
Course Typically Offered: Online during Spring and Fall quarters.
Prerequisites: Previous knowledge in Algebra is recommended.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Wireless Communications Technologist Certificate.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about Wireless Communications Technologist and course offerings.
Course Number: EE-40199
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Wireless Communications Technologist
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about when this course will be offered again.