Increase Your SAT Score
The SAT test is an entrance exam administered by the College Board which is then used by many colleges and universities to make student admissions decisions. The purpose of the SAT is to measure a student's readiness for college, and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants. In addition to a SAT score, college admissions officers will review GPAs, the classes a student took in high school, letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors, extracurricular activities, admissions interviews, and personal essays. The higher a student scores on the SAT will result in more options for attending and paying for college.
Students participating in this course will focus on the skills and strategies needed to obtain their highest possible SAT score. This includes learning and implementing effective test-taking tactics while focusing on the content of the test in the categories or reading, writing and language, and math. Students will focus on their areas of strength and weakness by referencing data from their pre and post test results.
What You Will Learn
Students in the SAT Test Prep with Pre/Post Assessment will:
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- Take a pre-test and post-test and analyze their results to drive targeted areas in need of improvement
- Learn, practice and implement effective test taking strategies
- Read and analyze passages and/or pairs of passages specific to literature, historical documents, social sciences and natural sciences
- Evaluate, correct and use correct grammar, vocabulary in context and editing skills
- Use algebra I and II, geometry and trigonometry
Note: This course includes a pre-assessment, post assessment and 16-hours of instruction. Students will receive their pre-test and post-test scores via email within 10-business days of the course ending. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Course Number: EDUC-90029
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
1/3/2024 - 3/24/2024
2/25/2024 - 3/31/2024
3/30/2024 - 5/4/2024
4/20/2024 - 5/25/2024
4/21/2024 - 5/26/2024