Take the First Step in Your Process Improvement Journey
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) consists of the most powerful process improvement methodologies and its primary focus is to remove wasteful steps and inefficiencies to provide a better and faster response to client needs. The tools are easy to understand, team-oriented, and have been proven to dramatically improve quality, operations, and profitability. Students may earn Yellow, Green, and Black Belts which indicate their levels of mastery of LSS expertise.
Earning your Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is an ideal starting point for those ready to tackle inefficient processes and embrace streamlined efficient ways of working. Any business. Any industry.
After completing this Yellow Belt course you will:
- Gain a critical understanding of process improvement methodologies
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma can help to reduce defects and limit waste.
- Learn how Lean Six Sigma techniques can effectively accelerate business growth and productivity.
- Express key Lean Six Sigma concepts using language of process improvement.
- Obtain working knowledge of essential tools and understand how you can contribute at your organization.
- Apply the principles directly into your work or personal life and see results.
And will be able to:
- Describe and understand the DMAIC process (Define, Measure, Approve, Improve and Control), as well as the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Adjust) process.
- Identify the 8 Wastes
- Use Visual Management
Apply the 5s tool (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain)
Course At a Glance
Total Instructional Hours: 10
Cost: $495 (includes all learning materials)
Format: This program is a blend of live virtual training and supplemental learning materials. Class sessions meet virtually (via Zoom).
Would you like to introduce process improvement at your organization? Our foundational classes can be customized and brough on-site, or hosted virtually for your team members. Contact Angela Miller at ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu or 📅 Schedule a Phone Appointment
Want to pursue more advanced training?
to review the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program, which includes foundational Yellow Belt training.
Meet Your Program Advisor:
Angela Miller, Program Manager
Click here to schedule a phone conversation.
Other Credits: 8 hours/.5 CEUs
Course Number: BUSA-40991
Credit: 1.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt, Project Management
+ Expand All
1/25/2024 - 2/8/2024