Throughout history, influential people have driven pop culture and impacted individual perceptions and behaviors from politics and religion to business and personal choices. Influence is now "democratized" because social and digital media have allowed anyone–not just authority figures–to exercise it.
Today's influencers can include experts in their field (scientists, academics, etc.), social media stars, and even individuals or groups who are "anonymous." Modern marketing often turns these influencers into a crucial part or centerpiece of their campaigns in order to break the noise and attract consumer and media attention. True influencers can raise awareness in niche audiences, amplify messages and lead their followers to desired action, whether they buy, vote or simply change their minds.
- Learn how to identify influencers, and differentiate those who can motivate behavior from the "merely popular”.
- Learn how to utilize influencer measurement tools and data such as likes and follows.
- Understand how to align influencers with business objectives by applying frameworks such as the purchasing funnel.
- Be able to craft communication approaches to influencers, including pitches and press releases.
- Know how to manage influencers in compliance with (evolving) laws regarding paid endorsements.
- Learn how to implement tracking mechanisms to gauge the effectiveness of influencer campaigns.
Course Number: BUSA-40935
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Digital Marketing
+ Expand All
9/26/2022 - 11/12/2022