Electronic communication has become an intrinsic part of our daily tasks. Due to its increased speed, portability and reliability, it has become a very convenient method to exchanging information. This is possible since in digital communications the components communicate using binary arithmetic. Consequently, Basic Electronics is one of the important core subjects in the field of Electronics, Telecommunication, Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Information Science and Mechanical Engineering.
This course introduces the fundamentals of electronic devices, digital circuit and Boolean algebra, and covers the principles of digital electronics and signal transmission in communication systems. These topics will provide the foundation to understand the efficacy of Electronics principles which are pervasive in engineering applications.
Students will learn to design circuits using the binary arithmetic and develop an understanding of the important role of Boolean algebra in the design process. Participants will gain knowledge in designing simple circuits like amplifiers (inverting and non-inverting), comparators, adders, integrator and differentiator using OPAMPS (operational amplifier). They will exercise the concept of diode in rectifiers, filters circuits and wave shaping, compile a set of different building blocks in digital electronics using logic gates and implement simple logic function using basic universal gates.
- Binary Number System and Algebra of Electronics
- Transmission of signals in Communication Systems
- Semiconductor Diodes and Applications
- Bipolar Junction Transistors
- Operational Amplifiers
- Digital Electronics
- Digital Circuits
- Appreciate the significance of electronics in different applications.
- Understanding of core principles of electronics.
- Experience with design and implementation of circuits.
- Comprehend the functionality of a communication system, different modulation technologies, and the basic principles of different types of Transducers.
Course Typically Offered: On-line, Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the RF Engineering Certificate.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about RF Engineering and course offerings.
Course Number: ECE-40289
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: RF Engineering
+ Expand All
7/5/2022 - 9/3/2022