AWS Academy Cloud Developing
is designed to help students gain technical expertise in development using cloud technologies and prepare them to take the AWS Certified Developer – Associate level AWS Certification exam. The curriculum is delivered through instructor-led classes, knowledge assessments, and hands-on labs. Students will also have access to course manuals, online knowledge assessments, a free practice certification exam, and a discount voucher for the certification exam.
- AWS Review
- Academic Cloud Developing (ACD)
- Introduction to Developing on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Introduction to AWS Identify and Access Management (IAM)
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing NoSAQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Introduction to Containers
- Developing Solutions with Amazon SQS and Amazon SNS
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with AWS Lambda
- Developing Solutions with Amazon API Gateway
- Developing Solutions with AWS Step Functions
- Developing Secure Applications on AWS
- Deploying Applications on AWS
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recall cloud computing services and models
- Describe developing on AWS
- Configure AWS Identity and Access Management for programmatic access
- Configure storage with Amazon S3 programmatically
- Develop with DynamoDB
- Explain caching
- Configure containers
- Develop event-driven solutions with Lambda
- Configure solutions with API Gateway
- Develop solutions with SQS and SNS
- Describe the use of Step Functions
- Identify best practice for building secure applications
- Identify best practice for deploying applications
This online course is taught through e-learning utilizing AWS certified curriculum. The instructor will provide participants with additional resources and guidance in the online environment throughout the course. There will also be hands-on labs and project work.
Students will receive an electronic student kit that includes course manuals, access to labs, and knowledge assessments. Additionally, an AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification practice exam and a 50% discount voucher for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam will be provided to students that successfully complete all elements of the curriculum (labs, assessments, project).
Software: The instructor will provide students will access to Vocareum for all their labs.
Hardware: Students access the student guides (pdf) through VitalSource Bookshelf. Login details will be provided through email on the first day of the course. Students must have a reliable internet and computer or laptop.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring quarters.
Prerequisite: AWS Academy Cloud Developing requires a strong foundation in multiple computing, software development, and IT concepts and skills.
Intended Audience: Undergraduate, graduate or professional students seeking cloud computing expertise.
Prerequisite: Cloud Computing Architecture requires a strong foundation in IT concepts and skills. To ensure success in this course, students should have:
- A working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- A working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Accreditations and Certifications:
- UC San Diego Extended Studies is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy
- Instructors have completed the AWS Academy Instructor Accreditation process and are AWS Academy Accredited Instructors
- This course can also be used to prepare for the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification exam
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking courses in the follow areas:
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41337
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Database Management, DevOps CI/CD, Linux System Administration
+ Expand All
3/26/2024 - 5/31/2024