The year-round mild climate, beautiful beaches, culture, and proximity to many Southern California attractions, make San Diego the ideal location for a variety of leisure activities, such as:
• Surfing, beach volleyball, sea kayaking, sailing, and swimming
• Hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing in the mountains and deserts
• Visiting one of the 93 museums in San Diego County
• Plays, musical performances, and opera
• Watching sports matches, like baseball and American football
• Shopping and dining
There is always something going on in San Diego. Visit these sites to learn about San Diego’s exciting events.
UC San Diego Division of Extended Studies International Programs Activities
Make the most of your stay in San Diego! We offer some activities to offer you opportunities to meet American students, experience nearby attractions, and have fun. Activites are free of charge and some are offered at a discounted price. When planning activities we take into consideration the season, amount of enrolled students, and availability of tickets and transportation.
When you arrive to campus you will receive a student newsletter each week called the IP Weekly. The IP Weekly will detail activities that will be offered through Extension International Programs, around campus, and in San Diego.
Activities that have been organized in the past include:
- Day at the Bay Barbecue & Water Sports
- Whale Watching
- Conversation Cafés
- San Diego Padres Baseball Games
- Moonlight Kayaking
- Beach Bonfire
- and more!
For more opportunities to experience UC San Diego, San Diego, and the surrounding area check out Outback Adventures.