The Business of Copyediting (WCWP-40333)
6 Weeks | Online
In the Business of Copyediting course, students will be prepared to launch their own copyediting or proofreading business or grow an existing one. In today's economy, creating a career with flexibility and mobility appeals to many people. The course will focus on how to acquire work, grow your business, legal and tax structures, financial basics, and day-to-day management. Included are resources for networking though copyediting organizations.
By the end of this course, students will have the following:
- A plan to launch and maintain an editing business.
- A plan for finding and approaching clients in a preferred niche or subject area.
- Working knowledge of financial and legal issues such as business structures, income taxes, expenses, recordkeeping, and business liability insurance.
- Working knowledge of editorial rates, contracts, invoicing, and work logs.
- A set of resources and tools to help in their editing business.
Quarters Offered: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall | Online
Note: Non-certificate students may take this class. There are assignments and reading with weekly due dates. Please purchase the textbook before class begins.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Number: WCWP-40333
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Copyediting
+ Expand All
1/8/2024 - 2/17/2024