Please note that the Talent Acquisition Bootcamp is currently on hold. We advise to check the Strategic Talent Acquisition course which covers the same topics and runs every quarter. Although it is part of the HR Management Certificate, the Strategic Talent Acquisition course can be taken as a standalone, which is true for all courses of the certificate.
Talent acquisition from a tactical perspective is the process of finding and acquiring skilled human labor for organizational needs and to meet any labor requirements. Modern talent acquisition is a strategic function of an organization, encompassing talent procurement, but also workforce planning functions such as organizational talent forecasting, talent pipelining, and strategic talent assessment and development.
Boot Camp topics
Whether your business is small, medium or large in size, attracting and hiring top talent is critical to your organization’s success. During this bootcamp you will learn the fundamentals to attracting, sourcing, hiring and onboarding new talent, along with the emerging trends that are changing the landscape of how this is accomplished.
The bootcamp begins with an overview of Talent Acquisition and how it has transformed from Recruiting to Talent Acquisition, the emerging role of the Talent Advisor vs. Recruiter, the link to business strategy and HR, along with the emerging trends today.
After the overview the boot camp will focus on Sourcing, referring to the process of attracting and sourcing of candidates, and the many key tasks required to successfully attract and hire the talent you need.
Onboarding your new hires is the third section covered due to the importance of making a positive first perception and supporting the new hire during their first year.
- Understand the purpose of Talent Acquisition and connection to Human Resources and the Business Strategy, including understanding Talent Acquisition as a process along with the key trends impacting how companies are improving the effectiveness and efficiencies of attracting and hiring top talent today.
- Learn the selection process, tools, techniques used, such as; partnering with the hiring manager, developing the selection criteria, screening, tests, assessments, interviews, background checks, and final selection, while considering the legal and regulatory impacts.
This nine week bootcamp is 100% online. It incorporates asynchronous coursework to learn the fundamentals along with live virtual group sessions to promote collaboration, networking and discussions on how to apply what was learned. Live virtual sessions are held via Zoom. Sessions are recorded for students who are unable to attend.
Who should attend
- HR Professionals who want to specialize in Talent Acquisition
- Individuals who want to break into the Recruiting arena (this boot camp has no pre-requisites, however if you are interested gaining a basic understanding of the HR field an introductory course is recommended to be taken before or concurrently)
- Newly graduated students looking to gain professional and practical skills
- Graduates of the HR Management Certificate Program
- HR professionals needing recertification credits
U.S. businesses spend more than $110 billion on talent acquisition, competing heavily for top skills in every region. In the last year an explosion of social networking, assessment and Big Data tools has transformed recruiting. To keep pace, organizations will reinvent talent acquisition by building a globally integrated employment brand, developing external talent networks and implementing candidate marketing programs. Mobile technology and the use of social networks will become top priorities for recruiting teams (Deloitte).
Free Talent Acquisition Webinar
View one of our free Talent Acquisition webinars during which Michael McGinnis presents the Boot Camp, on You Tube.
Course Number: BUSA-40964
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Business, Professional & Legal Programs department at 858-534-8131 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.