Earn your Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification
Highlight your skills in recognizing and managing enterprise IT risk and developing and maintaining information system controls. Technology has become the most critical risk factor for today’s enterprises. The importance of information systems risk assessment is often undervalued and assigned a low priority in system development and maintenance.
This course will train students to identify and evaluate IT risks and vulnerabilities to better assist their enterprise in accomplishing its business objectives. Students will be equipped to affirm their business and IT risk management competence, as well as their ability to design, implement, monitor, and maintain effective, risk-based information systems controls.
This course prepares students for the Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification from ISACA.
- Organizational Governance
- Risk Governance
- IT Risk Identification
- IT Risk Analysis and Evaluation
- Risk Response
- Control Design and Implementation
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Information Security Concepts, Frameworks, and Standards
- Business Continuity Management
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Collect and review existing information regarding the organization’s business and IT environments
- Identify potential or realized impacts of IT risk to the organization’s business objectives and operations
- Evaluate threats, vulnerabilities, and risk to identify IT risk scenarios
- Promote a risk-aware culture by contributing to the development and implementation of security awareness training
- Collaborate with risk owners on the development of risk treatment plans
- Monitor and analyze key risk indicators (KRIs)
Lab Fee: Students must purchase a uCertify license in order to access uCertify materials for this course. Student's uCertify licenses are valid for 4 months.
Course Typically Offered: Online in winter and summer quarters.
Prerequisite: A BS in Computer Science, equivalent knowledge and experience, or the course CSE-41363 Cybersecurity Fundamentals.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider earning your Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification from ISACA. To continue learning, consider taking CSE-41367 Information System Auditing.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41368
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
1/9/2024 - 3/16/2024
3/26/2024 - 5/31/2024