Python Programming Fundamentals
Python is a versatile and powerful programming language with a wide variety of libraries and third-party packages that can be applied to deep learning, fuzzy text processing, bioinformatics, web development, web scraping, and more.
Building off of Introduction to Programming (Python), this course will cover many unique features that make Python such a popular language, and will go beyond just "the basics." Upon completion of the course, students will gain experience in the full development life cycle using the Python programming language.
- Best practices for coding style and documentation
- Comprehensions and iteration
- Files, context managers and fake files
- Python's wide variety of libraries and third-party packages
- Object-oriented programming, testing and test-driven development concepts
- The Pythonic method to handle common computer science abstractions
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Set up working project environments
- Write command-line programs with documentation
- Make portable Python modules that can be integrated with other programs
- Create unit tests and follow test-driven development principles
Course typically offered: Online, every academic quarter.
Format: This course is offered every quarter in regular pace (9weeks) and accelerated format (5 weeks). Please see below:
- Section ID 163183 is accelerated to be completed in 5 weeks
- Section ID 163182 is a regular pace course to be completed in 9 weeks
Prerequisites: Introduction to Programming (Python) or an equivalent knowledge.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider enrolling in the Python Programming certificate and taking Intermediate Python to continue learning.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this course.
Course Number: CSE-41273
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Python Programming
+ Expand All
9/26/2023 - 11/25/2023
11/7/2023 - 12/9/2023
1/9/2024 - 3/9/2024
2/20/2024 - 3/23/2024