This course provides a comprehensive overview of modern “-Omics”. Students will learn about the underlying technology (instrumentation and laboratory techniques), data types, and discuss how omics approaches are broadly applied to advance medicine and biotechnology. This course also lays the essential scientific foundations for pursuing additional training in bioinformatics or computational biology.
By the end of the course, students will:
- Summarize the major branches of -Omics
- Explain the underlying biological phenomena studied by -Omics
- Understand the underlying technologies that make -Omics possible
- Recognize and interpret key data types generated in -Omics experiments
- Describe key applications of -Omics approaches in medicine and biotechnology
- Pursue additional training in bioinformatics or computational biology
Note: For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Course Number: BIOL-40374
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
10/2/2023 - 12/4/2023