This course explores the Linux operating system
which is very popular in industry and Internet services. This will be an interactive hands-on course. Students will have access to their own dedicated Linux system on which to learn and explore. Key topics covered include using the command line, Linux tools, configuring your environment, automation, system utilities, filesystem layout, intro shell programming.
- Current uses of the Linux operating system
- Shell basics
- Basic tools
- Text processing
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the history and origins of the Linux operating system
- Understand the theory of Linux design and operation
- Ability to be productive in a Linux environment
- Text editing in the Linux environment
- Implement basic Linux tools
- Configure the Linux environment
- Automate simple tasks in Linux
Course Typically Offered: Online in Summer and Winter quarters.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Linux, networks, and computer skills.
Contact: for more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41333
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Database Management
+ Expand All
6/21/2022 - 8/16/2022