Learn the true potential of cloud computing and Linux.
According to rackspace, “Linux is a natural technology for enabling cloud computing because: it's modular, power efficient, reliable, open source, scales to support critical workloads and is ubiquitous. The proof-point for Linux’s success comes in its use: it runs 90% of the public cloud workload, has 62% market share of embedded operating systems, 99% of the supercomputer market share and 82% of all smartphones run on Linux. In addition, every time someone uses Google, they’re using a machine running the Linux kernel.” This course will teach students how Linux is used in the cloud and how to use the Linux operating system in cloud environments with cloud methodologies.
- Overview of how Linux is used in the cloud
- Overview of the major cloud providers
- Differences between traditional vs cloud Linux deployments
- Deploying a Linux server in the cloud
- Securing a Linux server in the cloud
- Automating the deployment and configuration of a Linux server in the cloud
Course Learning Outcomes:
- How Linux is used in cloud computing
- Create and manage a Linux server in the cloud
- Deploy traditional server as well containerized workloads in the cloud
- The basics of cloud security as it pertains to Linux
- How to use Infrastructure as Code and related automation tools to deploy Linux solutions to the cloud
Course Typically Offered: Online in winter and summer quarter.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Linux, networks, and computer skills.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Linux System Adminisration Certificate to coninue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41369
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: DevOps CI/CD, Linux System Administration
+ Expand All
7/11/2023 - 9/9/2023