Earn your Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification
Risk management is the process of identifying, assessing, and controlling threats. Putting a solid risk management strategy into practice can be challenging.
To be successful in security management, it's critical to understand not only what risk management is, but also how to create and implement a plan that will help your organization counter risks and to be prepared to expect the unexpected.
This course will provide students the skills required to demonstrate experience in information security governance, program development and management, incident management, and risk management. Participants seeking senior management IT security and control opportunities will find this course beneficial to their quest.
This course will prepare students for the ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification.
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Incident Management
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Establish and/or maintain an information security strategy in alignment with organizational goals and objectives to guide the establishment and/or ongoing management of the information security program
- Establish and/or maintain an information security governance framework to guide activities that support the information security strategy
- Integrate information security governance into corporate governance to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are supported by the information security program
- Establish and maintain information security policies to guide the development of standards, procedures and guidelines in alignment with enterprise goals and objectives
- Define, communicate, and monitor information security responsibilities throughout the organization (e.g., data owners, data custodians, end-users, privileged or high-risk users) and lines of authority
Lab Fee: Students must purchase a uCertify license in order to access uCertify materials for this course. Student's uCertify licenses are valid for 4 months.
Course Typically Offered: Online in every quarter.
Prerequisite: A BS in Computer Science, equivalent knowledge and experience, or the course CSE-41363 Cybersecurity Fundamentals.
Next Step: After completing this course consider earning your Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification from ISACA. To continue learning, consider taking CSE-41361 Governance of Enterprise IT or CSE-41362 Ethical Hacking.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41359
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
9/20/2022 - 11/19/2022