Increase Your GRE Score
The Graduate Record Examination, better known as the GRE, is a critical step in the graduate school or business school application process. It is a multiple-choice, computer-based, standardized exam that is often required for admission to graduate programs and graduate business programs (MBA) globally. The GRE provides graduate and business schools with common measures for comparing students’ qualifications and readiness for graduate-level academic work. School admissions committees will look at a student’s GRE score, along with their academic record and supporting materials, to assess their readiness for the standards of graduate academic study. A high score on the GRE will have a direct and positive impact on a student’s graduate or business school application.
This course will prepare students to increase their score on the GRE test. Students will focus on basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, data analysis and college-level vocabulary. In addition, students will increase their aptitude in their ability to analyze and evaluate written material, think critically and solve problems. Students will study strategies and content to excel within the analytical writing assessment section, the verbal reasoning sections and the quantitative reasoning sections.
What You Will Learn
Students completing the GRE – Graduate Record Examination General Test Prep course will:
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- Analyze issues and analyze arguments to articulate thoughts and responses to complex ideas in a clear and reasoned way
- Formulate a well-supported thesis to support writing specific to an unfamiliar topic
- Analyze written material and relationships amongst components within parts of a sentence which includes words and concepts
- Build vocabulary and use context clues to make predictions to master text completions and sentence equivalence questions
- Understand central ideas within a text and the structure of a text
- Research details within a passage to make valid inferences
- Compare two quantities and identify the relationship between the two
- Strengthen skills in basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis
Course Number: EDUC-90008
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
1/5/2024 - 1/31/2024
2/5/2024 - 2/26/2024
3/25/2024 - 4/20/2024
4/27/2024 - 5/18/2024