Increase Your GMAT Score
The Graduate Management Admission Test, better known as the GMAT, is a critical part of the business school application process. The GMAT test is a multiple-choice, computer-based and computer-adaptive standardized exam that is often required for admission to graduate business programs (MBA) globally. This test provides business schools with common measures of a student applicant's readiness for graduate-level academic work. School admission committees look at student GMAT scores, in addition to their work experience, academic record, and other supporting materials, to assess a student's readiness for an MBA program.
This course will prepare students with a command of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, multi-source data analysis, and grammar. Students will also focus on increasing their ability to analyze and evaluate written material, think critically, and solve problems. By focusing on these areas, students will know how to reason through and analyze information to earn a stellar GMAT score. This high GMAT score will have a direct and positive impact on a student's business school application.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- Learn how to approach the analytical writing assessment by learning how to effectively critique an author's argument and analyze the soundness of the author’s evidence and reasoning
- Answer multi-source reasoning questions, graphic interpretations, two-part analysis questions and table analysis questions
- Determine whether statements provide sufficient data to answer a given question by quickly identifying what information you would need to solve the problem and to efficiently eliminate answer choices
- Use high school–level math up to algebra and plane geometry to test your critical thinking skills
- Apply the skills involved in making and evaluating arguments, as well as formulating a plan of action. Understand the structure of arguments and rigorous logical analysis of the connections between evidence and conclusions
- Find the best versions of sentence sections through sentence correction
- Enhance your critical reading skills such as your ability to summarize the main idea, differentiate between ideas stated specifically and those implied by the author, make inferences based on information in a text, analyze the logical structure of a passage, and deduce the author's tone and attitude about a topic
Course Number: EDUC-90009
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
10/24/2022 - 11/14/2022
1/23/2023 - 2/13/2023
5/15/2023 - 6/5/2023