Integrate Security in Every Phase of Software Development
DevSecOps combines development, security, and operations to integrate security at every phase of software development. By sharing the responsibility of security with everyone, teams are able to deliver faster and more secure products.
This course provides development, operations, and security professionals with a methodology to build and deliver secure infrastructure and software using DevOps and cloud services. Students will explore how the principles, practices, and tools of DevOps can improve the reliability, integrity, and security of on-premise and cloud-hosted applications.
- Definition of DevOps vs DevSecOps
- Security basics
- Review existing literature on DevSecOps
- DevSecOps tools
- Security in CI/CD
- Building security into your Infrastructure as Code
- Build a Secure DevOps workflow in your organization
- Create automated security tasks in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems
- Configure and run scanners from the Secure DevOps Toolchain
- Wire cloud application security scans in cloud-hosted (CI/CD) systems
- Perform secure secrets management using on-premise and cloud-hosted secrets management tools
- Leverage cloud automation to automate patching and software deployments without downtime
Hardware(required): student will need a computer that can run a program called git on: https://git-scm.com/
Software: create an account on github.com
Course Typically Offered: Online during Fall and Spring quarter
Prerequisites: Have previously taken or working knowledge of Linux system administration, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell programming, One other programming language (doesn't matter which), Basic networking, Load balancer concepts.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the DevOps CI/CD Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about DevOps CI/CD and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41376
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: DevOps CI/CD