6 Weeks | $325 | Online
Please note: beginning Fall 2022 the cost of the course will increase from $285 to $325.
Are you planning the trip of a lifetime or even a local excursion and you want to capture better images? Designed for photographers with sound experience with camera and software operation, this class teaches strategies to make the most of your journey. Discussions, demonstrations and individual critiques will help you learn and develop improved approaches to pre-trip preparation, shooting on site as well as storing and sharing your images from the road or once you are home. The class consists of lectures, demonstrations, assignments and instructor and peer critiques that are designed to provide you with insightful concepts and strategies for this genre of photography. By the end of this course, students will be able to adapt their shooting skills for different locations and to tell a specific story about a place and culture.
What You Will Learn:
- Gear selection, cultural sensitivities towards photographers, lighting, composition and other technical and aesthetic considerations.
- A strong understanding of location photography in its challenges and potential for self-expression.
- Through research, practice and discussion, you will learn how to utilize skills needed to capture meaningful and technically competent photographs on location.
- How to best capture images in lighting and weather challenges along with acknowledging and respecting different cultural nuances.
- How to be able to adapt your shooting skills for different locations and to tell a specific story about a place and culture.
Quarters Offered: Summer | Online
Course Fee: $325
Materials: Adobe Photoshop CS required.
Note: Elective course for Photography: Images & Techniques professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: ART-40575
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Photography: Images and Techniques
+ Expand All
6/28/2022 - 8/7/2022