An essential part of most .NET applications, especially line of business software, is the ability to interact with relational databases.
Two principal frameworks that are available to .NET developers: ADO.NET and Entity Framework will be introduced in this course. The first is a set of classes that allow database programming at a low level, while the latter is a fully-featured Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework. Participants will obtain practical knowledge on data manipulation in those frameworks while reviewing T-SQL language and discussing the data binding in various .NET UI architectures (ASP .NET and WPF).
Developers with working knowledge of .NET Framework, C# and basic understanding of SQL language will also benefit from this course.
- Relational Databases review and basics of SQL
- Query-based database programming with ADO.NET
- Object-oriented database programming with Entity Framework
- Data binding in Windows and Web applications
- Understand the relation between relational databases and .NET applications
- Ability to retrieve data from queries or stored procedures and display them with Windows Presentation Foundation Graphics
- Add, modify, and delete data from any .NET application
- Build visual models that auto-generate data access code
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended. While Windows 10 Home will work for C# I, the more advanced C# courses will require Pro or higher.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Visual Studio, basic understanding of relational databases and SQL language.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking other courses in the C# Programming Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41197
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming, Database Management
+ Expand All
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023
This course is entirely web-based and to be completed asynchronously between the published course start and end dates. Synchronous attendance is NOT required.
You will have access to your online course on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
Mammadov, Riyad, Director of Applications Development, XDimensional Technologies
Riyad Mammadov is a seasoned IS professional with a track record of successful delivery of large-scale enterprise level distributed systems. With experience in energy, automotive and financial services sectors, he is currently working as director of applications development at XDimensional Technologies.
No refunds after: 1/16/2023.
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023
You will have access to your course materials on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.