Algorithm and Data Structures - Learn to Write Scalable Code
Our algorithm and data structures course will teach you how to write code that scales well with large data sets and identify hidden performance bottlenecks. While the concepts covered in the course are addressed in Java, they can be applied to all programming languages and software development domains. By the end of the course, you'll have a strong understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures and be equipped to answer commonly asked interview questions.
- Performance Analysis of Algorithms
- Data Abstraction and Time-Space Trade Offs
- Mutual Improvements
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Write code that scales well in real-world situations by selecting appropriate data structures and algorithms
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks to correct performance issues in existing software
- Obtain foundational knowledge necessary to learn standard libraries across all programming languages
- Prepare students to respond appropriately to algorithm questions commonly asked in job interviews
- Acquire the ability to develop object-oriented solutions using the Java programming language
- Apply advanced Java programming techniques including generics and callbacks using function pointers
Hardware: Access to a standard Java compiler is mandatory.
Course Materials: The instructor will provide students with a pdf copy of his custom course reader to be used for the duration of this course. There is no other textbook required for this course.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer
Prerequisite: CSE-40480 Java Programming II: Core Java Programming or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: Upon completion of this course, consider taking courses in our Java Programming or Android Programming certificates to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please remain InfoTech@ucsd.edu.
Other Credits: 27 hours of continuing education credit
Course Number: CSE-41321
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Java Programming
+ Expand All
1/9/2024 - 3/9/2024