This course will emphasize using objecte oriented analysis and design techniques
to learn the C++ programming language. Students completing the course will learn C++ syntax, how to make use of the C++ standard library, and how to design and implement custom types that extend the standard library.
- Object oriented analysis and design
- Program structure, functions and variables
- Classes in-depth
- Operator overloading
- Exceptions and templates
- Standard library string and vector
- The Standard Template Library (STL)
- Two projects designed to expose the student to real-world programming concerns
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand C++ concepts
- Understand the benefits of object-oriented programming
- Ability to read, write and debug C++ code including use of the C++ standard library
- Obtain a working knowledge of object oriented analysis and design and how it applies in C++
Software: Students must have access to program development tools. Free IDE downloads students commonly use for this program include "Visual Studio Community" for Windows, "Xcode" for macOS, and "Code::Blocks" for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
Course Materials: The instructor will provide students with a pdf copy of his custom course reader to be used for the duration of this course. There is no other textbook required for this course.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Spring, Summer, and Fall quarters.
Prerequisite: CSE-40476 C/C++ Programming II: Dynamic Memory and File I/O or equivalent knowledge and experience. While no knowledge of C++ is required for this course students enrolling in this course should possess a solid understanding of the C programming language. Students who lack this foundational knowledge MUST take the prerequisite prior to enrolling in this course.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking CSE-40478 C/C++ Programming IV: Advanced Programming with Objects to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-40477
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C/C++ Programming
+ Expand All
3/26/2024 - 5/25/2024