Learn the basics of build automation in DevOps
Continuous delivery (CD) is a software engineering approach to automate the delivery of software. It aims at building, testing, and releasing software with greater speed and frequency. The approach helps reduce the cost, time, and risk of delivering changes by allowing for more incremental updates to applications in production.
Build automation is the process of automating the creation of a software build and the associated processes including compiling computer source code into binary code, packaging binary code, and running automated tests. The build automation process allows DevOps to shorten the system development life cycle.
In this course, students will learn how to install, configure, and integrate Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, and Maven in an AWS Environment. They will be able to configure their AWS and GitHub accounts to automate their builds.
At the end of this course, students will have a Pipeline-as-Code running from Jenkins that will integrate with GitHub, Nexus, and SonarQube to automatically build, test, performs static code analysis, validate quality gates and upload artifacts to Nexus.
- Introduction and implementation of Continuous Integration
- Configuration Management
- Executing Static Code Analysis Automatically within DevOps Pipelines
- Implementing Code Quality within DevOps Pipelines
- Install, configure, and integrate Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, GitHub, and Maven using AWS environment and GitHub accounts.
- Experience with Jenkins, Jenkins Plugins, Jenkins View, Upstream Jobs, and Downstream Jobs
- Create Declarative Pipelines to create Pipelines-as-Code and automatically run them from the Jenkins Server.
Software: AWS account
Hardware (required): a personal computer that can run ubuntu app to deploy AWS resources.
Course Typically Offered: Online during Fall and Spring quarter
Prerequisites: Knowledge of AWS Environment is desirable, but not required. Students should have knowledge of basic System Integration and Test methods, tools, and terms.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the DevOps CI/CD Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about DevOps CI/CD and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41379
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: DevOps CI/CD, Software Quality Assurance
+ Expand All
9/20/2022 - 11/19/2022