Jathan Janove is an internationally published author, including Managing To Stay Out Of Court: How To Avoid The 8 Deadly Sins Of Mismanagement, which Dr. Stephen R. Covey described as “Marvelous! Every manager will benefit immensely,” and which Richard Drezen of the Washington Post described as “an extraordinarily useful book for managers and workers.” He is also the author of The Star Profile: A Management Tool To Unleash Employee Potential, Gold Medal winner, Business & Career, at Book Expo America 2009. His latest book is Hard-Won Wisdom: True Stories From The Management Trenches. NYT
bestselling author and world-renowned executive coach Marshall Goldsmith states, “Read this insightful book. It contains compelling stories with specific, actionable advice that will help anyone’s career.” NYT bestselling author Daniel Pink states, “By sharing many of his best stories and experiences, Jathan Janove creates a short-cut for us to the knowledge needed to become an empathetic, effective leader in the workplace.”
Jathan writes the “Putting Humanity into HR Compliance” column for SHRM, and the “Coach’s Corner” blog for Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching. He is a frequent contributor to HR Magazine and other publications. He has been quoted as an authority in publications including the New York Times and Forbes.
- President of the Organization Development Network of Oregon 2017-2020.
- Master Coach & Practice Leader – Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching.
- Listed in “The Top 100 Leadership Speakers for 2018,” Inc. magazine.
- Served as President/Board Chair/Chief Administrative Officer of several non-profit organizations.
- Founded and managed a law firm, and served as an Office Managing Shareholder and Director of Employee Engagement Solutions of a large international law firm.
- Citizen Lawyer of the Year 2006, J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Salt Lake Chapter.
- Utah State Bar Employment Lawyer of the Year, 2005.