How to request a transcript: Five things you need to know

By Kristen Gross

transcript.jpgThere are several great reasons you might need an official copy of your transcript from UC San Diego Extension. Perhaps your employer needs to see your status in good standing in order to initiate the reimbursement process. Maybe you’re about to apply to graduate school. It could even be that you’re just curious. No matter the reason you need a transcript, UC San Diego Extension Student Services is here to help you get it.

Here are five things you need to know:

1. It's all in the asking

Transcripts are not sent out automatically. In order to receive one, you must submit a transcript request to Student Services via the Transcripts form. Please note, we are unable to send electronic transcripts at this time. A standard request includes printing your transcripts and mailing them to you 7 business days after receipt of the request and payment (rush processing is available but costs more).

2. Put it in writing

Before your records can be released, we need you to put in a request. You can order transcripts online. Just visit our Transcripts page and submit your request.

3. We take special requests

For some graduate programs, employers, or other special circumstances, additional materials may need to be sent along with your transcript. Simply include special requests or forms that need to accompany your transcript with your request form, and we’ll take care of the rest. Please be aware that some special requests may extend processing time.

4. There is a (small) fee

For an official transcript, printed on watermarked paper and enclosed in a signed, sealed envelope, we charge a processing fee of $17 per copy. If you would like your transcript just for interest’s sake, you can request an unofficial copy for just $5. Depending on other factors (i.e. a rush, international fax, express shipping) there may be additional fees. Learn more on our website.

5. Feel free to follow up

We always love to hear from students. If you are not sure your transcript request has been received, we don’t mind checking on it. We know that these requests are often time-sensitive, and usually part of an exciting process. If you would like us to make sure it’s on track, please give us a call at (858) 534-3400.


UC San Diego Extension
Hi Vanessa: You can order transcripts online, but we are unable to send transcripts electronically at this time. For more information, please see
5/31/2019 12:12:14 PM

Does UCSD Extension send eTranscripts to graduate school applications like AACOMAS?
5/28/2019 1:54:35 AM

UC San Diego Extension
Good Morning Desiree. We are unable to send electronic transcripts at this time. Please call Student Services to see if they can help you at (858) 534-3400 or email them at
1/25/2019 9:57:14 AM

Desiree Middleton
I need to have a transcript of my CLAD courses taken at UCSD extension sent to UCSD extension. The online form does not give me the option of emailing it to UCSD Extention, only the option of mailing.Help!
1/25/2019 6:14:37 AM

UC San Diego Extension
Hello Ronak: Due to your short timeframe, I would suggest getting a rush order. Rush orders are processed within one business day after the receipt of your transcript request form and payment and are mailed via standard USPS mail delivery. Learn more about transcripts at h
11/27/2017 12:08:53 PM

Ronak Shah
Hi, I'm trying to request a transcript for a scholarship application due Dec 4. I have downloaded the form and am not sure when I can come in to request the transcript, what is the best way to do this?
11/23/2017 9:47:17 PM

UC San Diego Extension
Hi Jennie: Standard orders are processed and mailed within seven business days after receipt of your transcript request form and payment. Rush orders are processed within one business day after the receipt of your transcript request form and payment. Rush orders are mailed via standard USPS mail delivery. Learn more at
11/13/2017 9:47:31 AM

Jennie Fernandez
Hi. How long does it take to process the transcript once you have received the transcript request form?
11/10/2017 8:46:05 AM

UC San Diego Extension
Hi Allyson. For an official transcript the cost is $17 and you will need to submit a Transcript Request Form. Please visit
10/10/2017 4:03:14 PM

Hi, I'm needing my transcript from a medical terminology class I took through UCSD extension - is there any way that I can receive a digital copy? The grad school application that I am filling out is asking for me to personally upload the transcript myself. Is the $15 fee still the same? Do I have to mail my request in? Or can I order it online or over the phone?
10/9/2017 3:02:36 PM

UC San Diego Extension
Hi Edsil: Please contact our Student Services department to follow up on your transcript request (as noted in #5 of the blog you posted on) via email at, or give them a call at 858-534-3400.
9/18/2017 10:20:14 AM

Edsil C. Jude
I just finished 5 courses with San Diego Extension through Professional Development Institute (PDI) and received an automatic transcript from you but only with the 5 courses I took in 2016 and 2017. I need the transcript that includes a course I took in 2006 or 2007 for a total of 6 courses. Would you please help me. Please respond to Thanks!
9/17/2017 8:35:13 AM

UC San Diego Extension
Hi Ilaria: Please make any checks payable to UC Regents.

For more information, visit
4/7/2017 9:23:07 AM

UC San Diego Extension
Hi Mary: The transcript request form is available online at
4/7/2017 9:21:14 AM

Ilaria Mastroserio
Do we make checks out to UCSD Extension?
4/6/2017 11:49:40 AM

Mary Riley
Is the transcript request form available online?
3/18/2017 9:24:00 AM

UC San Diego Extension
Hi Diane: You can now order transcripts online. Please go to our Transcripts page to do so:
3/15/2017 3:10:54 PM

Diane A Mayfield
I live in AZ and need my transcript for my new job. Is there any way to order online instead of waiting for snail mail?
3/14/2017 4:42:15 PM

What's your story?

Share your accomplishments, advice, and goals for a chance to be featured.