Understand the new role of CIO in the digital economy and modern organizations
In addition to leadership skills, the successful CIO must have a strong grasp of technology, business, management, finance, and project management. This course draws on a wide array of fields to provide you with the necessary leadership and technical skills to effectively transform organizations, manage IT departments, and communicate effectively with technical staff, management, and customers. The course content is continually updated to incorporate the latest shifts in technology.
In this course, you will develop a comprehensive plan to lead the organization’s IT resources effectively and review technical environment, skills, and processes to increase efficiency.
- The Changing Role of CIO
- IT Capital And Operational Management
- Using Technology to Transform Organizations
- IT Skill and Resource Management
- IT Vendor Management
- Managing Virtual Teams
- Cost and Budget Management
- Cyber Security & Business Continuity
- Digital Transformation
- Effective IT Organizations
- Develop and Implement a Plan to Manage and Optimize the Enterprise Technological Resources
- A real-world map to evaluate and invest in emerging technology
- Assess and improve the IT Organizational Effectiveness
- Develop staffing, training, and skill management plans
- Estimate IT spending levels and compare it to the industry metrics
- Align IT Resources with business strategies and develop metrics to gage success
- Implement Project Management and portfolio management Processes
- Understand IT outsourcing and vendor management
Course Typically Offered: Live Online during Spring and Fall quarters.
Other Formats: Hybrid - COMING in 2024
First 5 weeks Live Online, last sessions offered in-person during 3 consecutive days. For more details about this options, please contact email@example.com
Prerequisites: BSc in Computer Science or related degree, or two years of experience in an IT field.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Technology Leadership Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Technology Leadership and course offerings.
Course Number: BUSA-41010
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Technology Leadership
+ Expand All
1/9/2024 - 3/9/2024