In most organizations, HR is viewed as a compliance box-checker, its purpose to minimize legal risk. This is a great mistake and lost opportunity. In all organizations, success or failure depend on the behavior of human beings. No organizational unit has a greater opportunity than HR to impact organizational human behavior.
This course charts a new path for the HR professional, one that replaces obsession with legal risk with a focus on creating the kind of culture where the organization and its stakeholders thrive, one that fully taps human potential. This is the path by which the HR professional becomes a treasured CHRO.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Become a trusted advisor and coach to executives and managers.
- Effectively manage risk.
- Protect organizations from claims while contributing to great workplace cultures.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Intervene in workplace problems or conflicts in ways that lead to constructive resolutions.
- Design and implement a successful DEI initiative.
Course Number: BUSA-40997
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Human Resource Management
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Business, Professional & Legal Programs department at 858-534-8131 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about when this course will be offered again.