Identify Business and Organizational Considerations for New Technology Adoption
We are currently witnessing an explosion in technology advancements. Implementing new or updated technology requires a special set of honed technical, business, financial, and organizational knowledge.
This course will give you the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage IT expenditures, evaluate services, introduce new products, and implement new technologies. The course also sheds light on the development of business plans, the art of evaluating alternatives, as well as market analysis. Several simple and powerful budget and financial templates will also be introduced, as well as an overview of the basic and advanced financial functions included in MS Excel. This course is highly interactive and includes case studies and individual and group hands-on exercises.
- Business Cases and Business Plans
- Evaluating IT Funding Models
- Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, and Break-Even Analysis
- IT Business Plans – Marketing Analysis, Risk Mgmt., and Operation Plan
- Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and Income Statements
- Components of IT Business Cases
- Estimating Direct and Hidden Costs for IT Projects
- Defining and Evaluating IT Alternatives
- Tangible and Intangible Benefits
- Marketing and Outreach Plans
- Digital Economy and Crowd Funding
- Pro forma Documents
- Estimate Total Cost of Ownership for IT Investments
- Use Effective Methods to Estimate and Manage IT Budgets
- Create and Manage Fiscal Plans for IT Departments
- Estimate and Analyze Capital and Operational Expenditures (Cap Ex and Op Ex)
- Define Types of IT Expenditures including Direct, Indirect, Fixed and Variable Costs
- Create and Analyze Income, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements
- Calculate and Analyze Financial Metrics: ROI, IRR, NPV, BE, and TCO
- Understand the Common Pitfalls of IT Projects, Business Cases & Business Plans
- Create Elements of Business Plan: Financial Statements, Operation Management Plan, Risk Management Plan
Course Typically Offered: Live Online during Winter and Summer quarters
Prerequisites: BSc in Computer Science or related degree, or two years of experience in an IT field.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Technology Leadership Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Technology Leadership and course offerings.
Course Number: BUSA-41009
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Technology Leadership