Learn the application of systems engineering processes to systems
incorporating software and hardware. Through a class project, the development of requirements from a problem statement and the allocation of these requirements to hardware and software along with the development of both decomposed and derived requirements will be experienced.
- Familiarity with various modeling techniques
- Requirements modifications and how they affect the development process
- Implement trade offs from requirements, Quality Functional Description (House of Quality)
- Selecting appropriate hardware/software solutions
- Practical case studies demonstrating integration issues
- Importance of utilizing practical process templates and design checklists
- CMM-I for measuring the maturity of your activity
- Development of detail requirements and metrics
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Ability to rapidly recognize impact of requirement changes
- Hardware and Software metrics, including testing specifications
- Hardware and Software life cycles
- Impact of security and protection
- Software process improvement
- Software planning and estimating
- Software and Hardware reuse
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer quarters.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other course in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: EE-40060
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023
This course is entirely web-based and to be completed asynchronously between the published course start and end dates. Synchronous attendance is NOT required.
You will have access to your online course on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
Dr. Shekar Viswanathan is a Systems Engineer with more than thirty years of engineering management experience. Additionally, he has fifteen years of hands-on involvement in product development, systems engineering analysis, risk analysis, software development, system integration and implementation. Shekar has both developed and been teaching system engineering courses and programs for 18+ years. He has been involved in FeAF and DoDaF certifications. Dr. Viswanathan’s engineering management experience including the development of patented continuous monitors requiring software development for the operation, data collection and analysis, and compliance reporting using system engineering approach is unique. He is trained as a Quality expert by Phil Crosby Quality College to reduce to...Read More
No refunds after: 4/3/2023.
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023
You will have access to your course materials on the published start date OR 1 business day after your enrollment is confirmed if you enroll on or after the published start date.
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or email@example.com for information about when this course will be offered again.