Understand the challenges facing a contemporary supply department and the various methods of operating to meet those challenges. The class will examine purchasing department objectives, organization, and administration, centralization vs. decentralization, logistics management, purchaser-seller relationships, subcontracting, strategic alliances and more. Students will become familiar with the legal aspects of purchasing and how supplier relations are a key element of supply chain management.
Course Learning Deliverables
- Understand how Purchasing organizations operate
- Learn industry key industry terminology
- Understand purchasing applications
- Recognize “Best Practices” within the industry
- Understand value added purchasing actions vs non-value added actions.
Note: For questions regarding this course, please contact SupplyManagement@ucsd.edu.
Course Number: BUSA-40393
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Supply Management
+ Expand All
10/3/2022 - 12/3/2022