Learn the basics of Additive Manufacturing with SolidWorks
Adopted in the world of Additive Manufacturing, 3D Printing helps increase flexibility in the production flow and reduces industrial expenses while enabling faster innovation and mechanization. SolidWorks, one of the first 3D modeling solutions in the market, allows Engineers to transform their models into a 3D model that can be printed in 3D.
SolidWorks for 3D printing shows participants the process involved in creating a physical object from an abstract concept. Through projects, students will practice the skills to transform an idea into a design and then convert it into a physical, 3-dimensional, prototype of the product. Also, students will have the opportunity to prepare for the SolidWorks Certified Additive Manufacturing exam – CSWA – Additive Manufacturing.
This course offers practical knowledge and will benefit shop floor personnel, decision making management, or anyone interested in learning more about this field.
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
- Machine Types
- 3d Printing Materials
- Surface, Solid and Mesh Model Preparation
- File Export and import Settings
- 3D Scan to 3D Print - Point clouds to mesh model creation
- Machine Preparation
- 3D Printing the Part
- Post Printing
- Part Finishing - Plastics vs metals
- Software to support the 3d printing process
- Learn the fundamentals of operating SolidWorks and supporting the 3D printing workflow
- Gain experience in creating 3D printable models
- Prepare CSWA-AM certification to demonstrate your knowledge of this technology.
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarters
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS is not required. However, it is recommended to watch the introductory SOLIDWORKS Tutorials, lessons one through three. **Links to these tutorials will be sent upon registration in the class.
Hardware: Laptop or PC windows computer with 16 GB RAM and Nvidia or similar graphics card for gaming or CAD
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Additive Manufacturing Certificate.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about Additive Manufacturing and course offerings.
Course Number: MAE-40043
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Additive Manufacturing
+ Expand All
7/11/2023 - 9/9/2023