Learn SolidWorks Inside and Out
Used in a wide cross section of manufacturing markets, SolidWorks is a solid modeling computer-aided design program that allows professionals design from robots to solar-powered vehicles.
Students in this course will learn the Computer Aided Design and Analysis Software, SolidWorks, 3D modeling and best design practices. Through labs participants will acquire hands-on experience in building parts, assemblies, and creating technical drawings. They will be able to perform Finite Element, Motion and Fluid Analysis. In addition, they will have the opportunity to take the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) exam.
This course offers practical knowledge and instructions using SolidWorks while preparing students for the Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam (CSWA) exam.
- Introduction to SolidWorks interfaces and add-ins, 3D modeling, and Basic Solid modeling
- Advance features for pats design
- Assembly mates, drawings and 2D drawings.
- Sheetmetal design fundamental’s
- 3D printing concepts
- Finite Element and Motion Analysis
- Self-Paced tutorials preparation for CSWA Exam
- Ability to work with SolidWorks.
- Uses a step by step, tutorial approach with real world objects
- Practical experience with relevant tools widely used in the industries
- Students pick a personal project to bring their 3D design idea to reality!
- Gain skills in demand by employers.
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarters.
Prerequisites: Windows 10 knowledge, basic Microsoft Word and Power Point, Adobe PDF, basic Algebra. Self-motivated.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Mechanical Analysis and Design Certificate.
Note: The first Certification test is included in the Class fees at a value of $100 per exam. If the exam has to be taken again students have to pay the $100 fee again. Students enroll will receive an electronic certificates and personal listing on CSWA Academic directory if they pass the CSWA Exam.
Student version of SolidWorks software provided after the drop deadline. Student will be charged for the student version license if dropping the course after the deadline.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about Mechanical Analysis and Design and course offerings
Course Number: MAE-40028
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Mechanical Analysis and Design
+ Expand All
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023