Security-Enhanced Linux, taking your Linux security to the next level.
SELinux adds a set of patches to the Linux kernel and utilities to provide a strong, flexible, mandatory access control (MAC) architecture into the major subsystems of the kernel. It provides an enhanced mechanism to enforce the separation of information based on confidentiality and integrity requirements, which allows threats of tampering, and bypassing of application security mechanisms to be addressed, and enables the confinement of damage that can be caused by malicious or flawed applications. It includes a set of sample security policy configuration files designed to meet common, general-purpose security goals.
- In-depth exploration of how SELinux functions according to industry standards
- Hands-on lab environment to work with SELinux
- Real-word application using SELinux
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the capabilities of SELinux
- Know how and where to apply SELinux
- Secure servers with SELinux
- Troubleshoot permission denials
- Build custom SELinux polices
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring quarter.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Linux, networks, and computer skills.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking CSE-41366 Programming in the Linux Environment to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41378
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Linux System Administration