Science Writing II
9 Weeks | $395 | Live Online
As the final capstone course for the Science Communication Certificate, this advanced writing course is designed to build upon the skills learned in the required and elective courses of the program.
Students will work on a science writing project of their choice while also learning various techniques to most-effectively communicate science and other technical subjects to the public. Course involves extensive writing, peer critique and in-depth reading and discussion that goes beyond basic storytelling and news reporting to incorporate the role of science in society.
- Create a business plan as a writer
- Effectively manage reporting, interviewing, writing time
- Master the art of fact-checking
- Work in partnership with editors
- Enhance opportunities for publication
- Achieve the confidence to go forth as a full- or part-time science writer
Quarters Offered: Fall Quarter (Live Online)
Course Fee: $395
Prerequisite: Successful completion of required & elective courses within the Science Communication Certificate program is preferred. For a list of these courses, visit the certificate page at extension.ucsd.edu/courses-and-programs/science-communication.
Course Number: WCWP-40230
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Science Communication