Photo II: Technique & Style
9 Weeks | $325 | In-class
Designed to inspire intermediate photographers who are comfortable with the basics of photographic camera work (aperture, shutter speed, ISO), Photo II will help you take your work to the next level—both artistically and technically. To support your journey in this Technique and Style-driven course, you will be participating in detailed demonstrations, hands-on exercises and constructive critiques. Discover your personal photographic style while photographing a variety of subjects under varying conditions. Explore different methods and types of photography including narrative photography, still life photography, histograms, color theory, portraiture, electronic flash basics, night time photography, time exposures and more.
Please note: our spring 2022 offering of this course will be taught Live Online via Zoom with two field trips taking place in the Greater San Diego region. The course schedule is outlined below.
- April 28 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
- May 5 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
- May 12 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
- May 15 - 6-9pm - In-person field trip to Balboa Park
- May 19 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
- May 26 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
- May 29 - 9am-12pm - In-person field trip to San Dieguito Park
- June 2 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
- June 9 - 6-9pm - Live Online via Zoom
What You Will Learn:
- How to improve composition and exposure techniques.
- The ability to create compelling portraits.
- A basic comprehension of artificial lighting using off-camera lighting and light modifiers.
- How to develop the skills to photograph in low-light levels using long exposure times and composited exposures.
- The way to further develop a RAW workflow using Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop software.
- How to tell a story with your photographs.
Quarters Offered: Fall, Spring | In-class
Course Fee: $325
Prerequisite: Photo I: Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO (ART-40629) and Digital Photography Workflow (ART-40705).
Materials/Software/Hardware: Adobe Creative Cloud subscription is required. Fully adjustable DSLR or prosumer camera and Creative Cloud Photography Plan required (Lightroom Classic not Lightroom CC).
Note: Required course for Photography: Images and Techniques professional certificate. Please note, this course includes field trips. For more information see course schedule below.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email the academic department at email@example.com.
Course Number: ART-40631
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Photography: Images and Techniques