Prepare for your PenTest+ Certification
Security exploits and vulnerabilities continue to plague IT professionals.Through penetration testing, organizations must establish robust security to protect an organization's information systems from cyber attacks.
Gain the tools and techniques penetration testers use to passively collect data from publicly available sources, including search engines, social media platforms, DNS servers and a target's network. Participants will acquire concrete pen testing tools to directly engage with targeted networks using social engineering techniques and network scanners to acquire data.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the industry standard for evaluating cybersecurity professionals' competence to conduct penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, and management.
- Planning and Scoping
- Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Attacks and Exploits
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Reporting and Communication
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Plan and scope an assessment
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques
- Analyze the penetration testing results
- Write proposals outlining clear recommendations to implement effective remediation techniques to address system vulnerabilities identified during penetrating testing process
Lab Fee: Students must purchase a uCertify license in order to access uCertify materials for this course. Students license is valid for 4 months.
Course Typically Offered: Online in winter and summer quarters.
Prerequisite: A BS in Computer Science, equivalent knowledge and experience, or the course CSE-41363 Cybersecurity Fundamentals.
Next Step: After completing this course consider earning your CompTIA PenTest+ certification. To continue learning, consider taking other courses in our Cybersecurity portfolio to continue learning; CSE-41361 Governance of Enterprise IT or CSE-41359 information Security Management to continue learning.
Note: Students who pass both CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA PenTest+ exams automatically earn their Network Vulnerability Assessment Professional Badge from CompTIA.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41360
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023