Master the PE Mechanical HVAC and Refrigeration Exam: Your Path to Success in the World of HVAC Engineering.
This comprehensive course is specifically designed for individuals who are aiming to pass the PE Mechanical HVAC and Refrigeration exam. It caters to aspiring designers and engineers in the HVAC and refrigeration industry, equipping them with the additional knowledge and skills to excel in the exam.
The course delves into various key topics covered in the exam, including psychrometrics, HVAC load calculations, refrigeration cycles, thermal comfort, and HVAC control systems. Students will acquire supplementary understanding of core concepts and their practical applications in HVAC and refrigeration systems, establishing a strong foundation in this specialized area of mechanical engineering.
The curriculum covers an extensive range of subjects such as psychrometrics, heat transfer, fluid flow, equipment selection, energy conservation, refrigeration cycles, air quality, filtration, and HVAC system controls. It combines theoretical instruction with real-world examples, case studies, and mock exams to enhance the learning experience. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the exam content and develop the ability to apply engineering principles effectively to HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Basic Engineering Practice and Thermodynamics
- Psychrometrics - Heating, Cooling, and Humidification
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Energy-Mass Balances and Heating-Cooling Loads
- Equipment and Components
- Cooling-Heating Coils, Control Systems Components, Refrigerants
- Systems and Components - Air Handlers, Duct and Piping Design
- Refrigeration - Food Storage, Cooling and Freezing, Energy Recovery
- Supportive Knowledge - Codes and Standards, Ventilation, Acoustics
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the core principles and practices related to HVAC and refrigeration systems as outlined in the PE Mechanical exam
- Comprehend HVAC heating and cooling load calculations
- Reinforce the fundamental concepts of psychrometrics
- Perform HVAC design calculations utilizing the psychrometric charts
- Review selected concepts of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics
- Calculate the CFM required for air handling and fan coil units
- Recognize fundamental aspects of selected equipment and components
- Acquire knowledge of codes and standards
1. "PE Mechanical Engineering HVAC and Refrigeration Practice Exam" – Second Edition, 2019. Author: Lindeburg, Michael – ISBN#: 9781591266594 Available at PPI2PASS.COM.
2. “The Fundamentals of HVAC Direct Digital Control, Practical Applications and Design” - Fourth Edition, 2022. Author: Shadpour, Frank - Available at Hacienda Blue Publishing.
Course Typically Offered: Live Online in fall quarter.
Prerequisite: Knowledge and experience in HVAC and/or Mechanical Engineering.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: MAE-40046
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
9/12/2023 - 11/7/2023