Raspberry Pi is a tiny computer board that plugs into a monitor and allows people anywhere to explore computing. Learn to use Python scripting to code a variety of fun apps with this powerful little device.
Students will get an introduction to the Raspberry Pi Model B motherboard and then will use the device with computer accessories to build real-world applications. Projects will include a dimmer switch, intruder alarm with camera, drum set and visual games. Students will learn the basics of Python scripting and will also learn about electronic components such as resistors, LEDs and rotary potentiometers. The class will give students a foundation to move on to more advanced app design studies.
What You Will Learn
Students in Middle School: Raspberry Pi will:
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
- Discover how to use Raspberry Pi and Python scripting to build a variety of real-world applications.
- Learn basics of the Raspberry Pi Model B motherboard.
- Get an introduction to basic circuit elements such as resistors, LEDs and rotary potentiometers.
- Learn basic Python script writing.
- Discover how to make simple real-world projects with Raspberry Pi.
- Build apps including a dimmer switch, alarm and drum set.
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: CSE-90123
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)