Get ready an around-the-world under sea adventure!
Students will get an introduction to Ocean Science. They will learn about the taxonomy of ocean animals, including the differences between invertebrates and vertebrates. The class will explore the relationships among living things in ocean ecosystems, including food webs and predator-prey relationships. Students will gain an appreciation for the great diversity of life, ecosystems and relationships in the ocean. The class offers an intriguing introduction for students interested in further studies of oceanography or marine biology.
What You Will Learn
Students in Middle School: Adventures Under the Sea will:
- Explore Ocean Science to learn what factors affect marine ecosystems.
- Understand that Earth has one big Ocean with many features.
- Get an introduction to the great diversity of life and the many ecosystems in the Ocean.
- Know the differences between marine vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Understand the dynamics of food webs and predator-prey relationships in marine ecosystems.
- Learn about the habitats and ranges of different sea creatures.
Return to the Sally Ride Science online professional website here.
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
Course Number: MARI-90057
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/8/2024 - 7/12/2024