This one week program includes two highly-interactive workshops that address core aspects of industrial biotechnology. The two workshops will take place August 15-19, 2022.
- Practical, hands-on training provided onsite at UC San Diego
- Immediate application of tools and techniques at your organization
- Taught by UC San Diego faculty and expert practitioners in the field
The first workshop, Metabolic Engineering for Industrial Biotechnology, will focus on metabolic engineering as applied to high volume/low cost chemical and materials and explore how systems approaches are used in this area.
- Ben Griffin, Ph.D., Program Director & Director, Genomatica
- Michael Japs, Senior Director, Process Development, Genomatica
- Harish Nagarajan, Senior R&D Manager, Sytems Biology & Bioinformatics, Genomatica
- Nicky Caiazza Ph.D, Co-founder & Chief Scientific Officer, Cellibre
- Bernhard Palsson, Ph.D., Professor, UC San Diego and CEO, Novo Nordisk Center for Biosustainability
- Adam Feist, Ph.D., Project Scientist, UC San Diego and Senior Scientist, Technical University of Denmark
- Kirsten Benjamin, Ph.D., Vice President, R&D, Amyris
- Pirkko Suominen, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President, Cargill
- Richard Fox, Executive Director, Data Science at Inscripta, Inc.
- Fernando Valle, Biology Advisor, BP
The second workshop, Microbial Fermentation Workshop, will provide a deep dive into bioreactor principles and bioprocess development.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 534-9353.
- Michael Japs, Senior Director, Process Technology, Genomatica
- Tim Dodge, Senior Principal Engineer, International Flavors and Fragrances
- Jason Ryder, CTO, Joywell Foods
- Jason Crater, Head of Process Technology, Geltor
- Pip Reeder, Director of Bioprocess Development, Invaio Sciences
- Ben Griffin, Senior Director Biocatalyst Engineering, Genomatica
- Bo Chen, Sr. Director, Process Development and Modeling, Genomatica
- Jake Lenihan, Senior Fermentation Process Engineer, BASF
Course Number: PRGF-70018
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
8/15/2022 - 8/19/2022