Maximize Your Performance on the MCAT Test
Effective preparation is crucial for a strong performance on the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) which is the essential test required for entrance into medical school. Get expert instruction on how to solidify your knowledge in key areas and hone the critical thinking skills you need to succeed on the exam and in medical school.
Lectures will provide concise summaries of major areas of MCAT content. Throughout the course, you will complete half-length sectional assessments to check your comprehension of Biology/Biochemistry, Chemistry/Physics, Psychology/Sociology, and Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS). Students will also focus on an extended case study, using discussion boards to practice applying the four core competencies of the MCAT: foundational undergraduate knowledge, critical thinking skills, evaluation of graphical representations of data, and design and execution of research.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Test Prep page here.
- Master study techniques that will allow you to improve your MCAT score by 4 points or more per month of focused effort.
- Sharpen your critical evaluation of complex arguments through individual exercises and discussion boards.
- Use MCAT-style questions to assess your expertise before and after lecture modules.
- Get recommendations for supplemental readings to improve your performance on the CARS section of the exam.
- This is a 16-hour course. It includes two 3/4th length practice exams in the Canvas format, with detailed third party explanations for one of the exams. Five plus additional full length exams are advised to be purchased by the student which are included with the textbook, after which students will want to take all four AAMC official full length practice exams. Any third party provider of full length practice exams is acceptable
- UC San Diego undergraduate students may be eligible to take this course for free through the Student Grant Program.
- Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- For a more intensive MCAT test preparation program, please visit reference the MCAT Personal Coaching Sessions.
Course Number: EDUC-90011
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/11/2022 - 8/1/2022
10/31/2022 - 11/21/2022