This course is structured to define the role of the Logistics Engineer
in support of engineers involved in the development of products and establishing the Total Life Cycle Cost. This course will provide the student with a comprehensive overview of the Ten Elements of Engineering Logistics and the role of Logistics in Product Development and the Systems Engineering Process. Familiarization with the theory and management of systems with an emphasis on logistics support systems will be presented in a total of nine sessions grouped into the following topics: System Logistics Management, System Logistics Design, Acquisition and Product Support, and Distribution and Customer Support. The course covers both military and civilian logistics systems. Three Logistics Labor Categories are specifically addressed in this course: Logistics Engineer (normally a member of the Engineering Team); Acquisition Logistician (normally a member of the Program Acquisition Team); and Logistics Support Professionals (cover a wide range of tasks). However other members of the product development team, such as Program Managers, Engineers, Programmers, and Financial Support personal, will benefit from an understanding of logistics in the development process and total ownership cost factors.
- Principles and Functions of Logistics Management
- Engineering Economic Analysis
- Reliability, Maintainability and Availability
- Operations Research Methods and Techniques
- Logistics Management Information and Support Analysis
- Logistics in the System Design and Development
- Logistics Sustaining Support and Retirement Phases|
- Physical Supply and Distribution
Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will understand, define and implement:
- Systems Logistic Management
- Systems Logistics Design
- Effective acquisition and product support
- Appropriate distribution and customer support using logistic principles
Who Will Benefit:
- Systems Engineers
- Program and Project Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Logistics Analysts and Engineers
- Transportation Professionals
- Inventory Control Managers
- Warehouse Operations Managers
- Engineers and Consultants
Course Typically Offered: Online in Fall and Spring quarters.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Other Credits: 27 hours of continuing education credit
Course Number: BUSA-40932
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering
There are no sections of this course currently scheduled. Please contact the Science & Technology department at 858-534-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about when this course will be offered again.