Exploring the fundamentals of Java programming,
the curriculum introduces programmers to foundational concepts including methods, arrays, and lists. Object-oriented programming and design utilizing inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction will also be covered in this principal course.
This course aims to provide beginning programmers with a basic understanding of the Java language and tools as well as object-oriented programming and design.
- Classes, objects, methods, arrays, and lists
- Object-oriented programming and design utilizing inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- The proper use of Oracle's online Java documentation
- Debugging Java programs using an IDE
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Writing simple Object-oriented programs in Java
- Running unit tests to verify program behavior
- Effectively use Oracle’s online Java documentation
- An understanding of the costs and benefits of Java development
Course Typically Offered: Online in every quarter.
Required Software: Java SE Development Kit (JDK 12).
Recommended Software: Eclipse IDE.
Prerequisites: Introduction to Programming Using Java or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking Java Programming II: Core Java Programming to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-40479
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Java Programming
+ Expand All
9/20/2022 - 11/19/2022
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023