Learning how to program can be a first step
towards a lucrative and challenging career. Aimed at first time programmers, this course will help you leap onto that path by exploring fundamental concepts of the highly popular Java programming language.
The goal of this course is to familiarize students with fundamental statements and teach them how to write simple programs but also prepare them for more rigorous programming courses.
- Programming essentials including branching, repetition, data structure, algorithms, and data modeling
- The rules and syntax of the Java Programming language, including objects, methods, and inheritance
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Testable Code
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Writing, running, debugging, and modifying programs
- Understanding and developing algorithms
Required Course Materials: This course will utilize an interactive STEM zyBook. Student access will become available on 1/01/23. In order to acquire your subscription follow these simple instructions.
- Sign in or create an account at zyBooks.
- Enter the zyBook code: UCSDCSE41242GappyWinter2023
Optional Reading: "Head First Java" by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates ISBN-13: 978-0596008205
Course Typically Offered: Online in every quarter.
Prerequisites: Students must have access to a web-enabled computer, strong problem-solving skills and computer familiarity.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider enrolling in the Java Programming certificate and taking Java Programming I: Fundamental Java Concepts to continue learning.
Recommendation: Students who find this course challenging, should consider taking CSE-41318 Introduction to Front End Technologies which will provide a solid foundation in programming principles and logic.
Contact: For more information about this course, please contact email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41242
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Java Programming
+ Expand All
1/10/2023 - 3/11/2023
3/28/2023 - 5/27/2023