Take your SPSS knowledge to the next level.
SPSS is one of the most popular and powerful statistical software packages. IBM SPSS Statistics is used in research, social sciences, arts and music, management, veterinary, medical, and many other academic disciplines. Using engaging and challenging data, this intermediate course teaches SPSS syntax programming, manipulation and combining of datasets, deep menu options, and statistical concepts. SPSS runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Navigate the user’s manual, IBM SPSS Statistics Command Syntax Reference, for proper SPSS Command Syntax Language
- Edit and submit syntax based upon menu-generated code written to output
- Write syntax for reading, saving, importing, and exporting data
- Manipulate data sets with sort, duplicates, PrimaryFirst, MatchSequence, merge, add cases, add variables, save-as
- Arithmetic, string, statistics, missing value, and other functions
- Statistical analyses, including compare means, paired means, t-tests, multilevel crosstabs, logistic regression
- Syntax coding, including do-loops, macro variables, include statement
- Data exploration, data cleaning, missing value analysis, and quality control
- Use output as basis for editing and debugging with warnings and errors
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Compose, edit, and submit SPSS Command Syntax Language code
- Handle duplicates, sort, merge, and combine datasets
- Implement Code do-loops, macro variables, include statement
- Utilize IBM SPSS Statistics Command Syntax Reference for correct syntax
- Use functions to create new numeric, string, and date variables
- Run logistic regression, paired means, multilevel crosstabs
Software: Enrollment in the course includes your license for IBM SPSS for the duration of the course.
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer quarters.
Note: This course runs nine weeks in duration.
Prerequisite: CSE-41254 Introduction to SPSS or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: After completing this course consider taking other courses in our Business Intelligence Analysis certificate program.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41389
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Business Intelligence Analysis