This two-day series provides participants with the skills and knowledge needed to manage stormwater permitting and compliance at their industrial facility. This is a two day event where participants can choose one or both days depending on training needs.
Day One: Stormwater Fundamentals
Orientation to the Industrial Storm Water General Permit (IGP) 2014-0057-DWQ. Gain an introduction to stormwater management under California's Industrial Stormwater Permit. Learn how the Permit applies to you and strategies businesses can implement to minimize permit impact. During day one, participants will receive hands-on training focused on:
- Introduction to the Industrial Storm Water Permit (IGP)
- Legal Perspective & Enforcement Actions
- Covered Facilities and Applying for a NOI/NEC/NONA
- Understanding your Receiving Waters, HUC-10, Discharge Prohibitions, TMDLs and Amendments to the Permit
- Preparing Compliant SWPPP
Participants will attend a field trip and work through a case study. Transportation provided during the second half of the day.
Day Two: Advanced Topics
The advanced workshop is tailored to students who have attended the orientation seminar or who have a basic understanding of the IGP. Day 2 will focus on:
- Numeric Action Levels (NALs) and Numeric Effluent Limitations (NELs)
- Common Sample Selection, Collection, and Reporting Issues
- Sampling Selection and Collection Techniques
- Sampling and Monitoring Exercise
- Minimum and Advanced BMPs
- Moving Through the Levels: NALs Exceedances & Level 1 and Level 2 ERA Action Plans
- SWRCB Perspective - looking forward and things to come
Note: Course fee includes materials, instruction by CASQA certified Trainers of Record (ToRs), lunch, refreshments, transportation to field locaction and a Certificate of Completion.
Scholarships are available for owners and employees of small businesses affected by the stormwater permit. For more information, please contact Stefania Wright (email@example.com).
Course Number: BIOL-80002
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: CEQA Practice
+ Expand All
2/28/2024 - 2/29/2024